Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Monday 2 July 2007

Spring green



For the "Garden" series of linocuts I am printing the block onto hand-painted backgrounds. I use a wide flat brush and acrylyc paints mixed with an iridescent medium, which gives the paint a pearly sheen. I mix various shades of green and use the brush to blend them on the paper - all the backgrounds are slightly different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.