Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Saturday 28 July 2007

High-rise strawberries


Last night we were standing by the pond, wondering if tomorrow more dragonflies would emerge. "Look - strawberries!" "Where?". I looked in the tangle of geraniums and sedges vaguely remembering a seedling strawberry plant that I'd seen while clearing the border early in the year. "Not there, higher" - I looked across at the variegated holly and the young walnut tree, confused. "No, much higher". And there it was - an alpine strawberry growing on the top of the high red brick wall, little bright red, heart shaped fruit dangling on wiry stems. Accidental perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.