Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Friday 17 October 2008

Name that veg

Another glorious sunny day and another chance for an outdoor photo shoot. This time I was taking photos of the painted garden labels I made last week. A trip to the local timber yard – a great place to shop with helpful staff who round down the price – and a few happy hours cutting and painting and I have a basket full of bright labels to cheer anyone's vegetable plot.


The tags feature scans of my 'Leaf Doodle' papers in different colours and space to write inside – all ready to go in the Christmas stocking. They will be for sale on my stall at the Christmas Bazaar in Withersfield and the Mayor's Appeal Arts Fair in Saffron Walden at the end of November . . . oh, and they're for sale in my Etsy shop too.


I've kept one of each colour for myself and written the names of some of my favourite vegetables on them so they are ready for next spring.

3 comments:

  1. When is the fair in Withersfield? That's really very close to me - well, as is Saffron Walden. Is that one likely to be in the Town Hall? I think I went a couple of years ago. Love the tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dottycookie!

    The Withersfield Christmas Bazaar is on Saturday 22nd November, 2pm to 4.30pm in the Village Hall.

    The Arts Fair in Saffron Walden is Sat 29th and Sun 30th November in the Town Hall. With a private view on Friday 28th - tickets available for £5.

    I'll publicise the events again nearer the time. Hope you can come along!

    Celia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The veg labels are lovely... might have to purchase some of those for Christmas stockings! made a note of the fair dates too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.