Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Sunday 13 July 2008

Cambridge Open Studios 2008 – weekend 2

It's the second weekend of Cambridge Open Studios 2008 and my studio door is open to welcome visitors . . .

The display in the wall explains the sequence of printing the blocks for the Fieldfare and Deer prints – for those unfamiliar with block printing this shows how the colours and textures are built up and the work involved to producing a finished print.

After a slow start and some very chilly weather and showers, I've had a steady stream of visitors, including some familiar bloggers – yesterday Rhiannon of alloment blog Green Patch dropped by accompanied by her husband and sons, they ventured through the green door in the wall to inspect the Purple Podded Peas and 'The Three Sisters'

Today the sun shone and it hasn't rained – I also had time for an early morning 'garden work-out' before visitors arrived. Among today's visitors were Silver Pebble, who introduced me to the adorable Miss P2, they brought me this beautiful posy of flowers from their garden.


Printmaker Tracy of Foul Bite called in with her husband and her son who's interested in experimenting with digital artwork; and later it was lovely to meet Canadian textile artist Smarcoux of Dangling by a Thread, amazingly she lives only a couple of villages away!

Thank you everyone for finding your way down the winding lanes to our corner of Suffolk, it's fun to share my studio with visitors, those who have been before and those who came along for the first time. My studio is open again next weekend, 19th and 20th July 11am to 6pm.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have been there Celia. Pleased it went well for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.