Recently both Christa of Calendula and Concrete and Fiona of The Cottage Smallholder tagged me for seven random facts about me and my garden and then "tag" seven other garden blogs – I feel like the new kid in the playground where everyone has already been "It"!
So here goes with my seven random facts:
1) I like big, tall plants - Giant Golden Oat (stipa gigantea); Colewort (crambe cordifolia); Angelica; Lovage; Hollyhocks . . .
2) My gardening heroes are Joy Larkcom because when I read her books on vegetables, salad crops, oriental vegies and potagers I always learn something new and Piet Oudolf who orchestrates plants like no other garden designer - awesome!
3) The garden I'd most like to swap with mine is at Sooke Harbour House on Vancouver Island - it has everything I like a garden to have - unusual edible plants, wildlife (sea otters play in the borders near the beach!) and sublime views (the Olympic Mountains across the Juan de Fuca Strait).
4) If decorative plants need special soil or extra water to survive in my garden I don't grow them.
5) Picking vegetables, fruit and herbs from the garden, cooking them, then sitting in the garden in the sun and eating them is my idea of heaven.
6) I learnt the names of wildflowers before I went to school.
7) I like weeding.
And here, in no particular order, are my choice of blogs:
The rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to then report this on their own blog with their 7 random facts as well as these rules. They then need to tag 7 other garden blogs and list their names on their blog. They are also asked to leave a comment for each of the tagged, letting them know they have been tagged and to read the blog.
I love to read your comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply to you in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy. You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link. And, I've turned off that annoying word verification malarkey, to make it easy for you :-)