Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Tuesday 20 November 2007

A nice dile-emma we-e have here, that calls for all our wit, for a-all our wit!*

The ginger studio assistant's dilemma . . .

He popped out in the rain to (you know) and returned to find alien beings called 'plumbers' clanking about with tool boxes and bits and stuff on the other side of the cat flap!

What should he do?


Answer:



Caption: ______________________________________________


* with apologies to Messers Gilbert & Sullivan

9 comments:

  1. puurrrrfect...eggxactly what the plumber ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "while the ...hens...'re away, the cat will play"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'd look pretty silly with an umbrella!And if it's still raining at breakfast time I'll have omelette...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My aunt kept loads of free range chickens. She also fed several feral cats. In the winter the cats slept in the chicken houses with the hens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi CS - Hens certainly build up a nice cosy heat in the hut at night - cosy straw nests as well - cats are very sensible!

    Thanks for the caption suggestions Palnurse, NĂ  and Dinamow! Also had a suggestion from my Mum . . . "I get by with a little help from my friends!"

    All eggcellent!!!!

    Celia

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The cat from Norway got stuck in the doorway, The Cat from France liked to sing and dance, the Cat from Japan, had a very big fan, but My cat likes to hide in boxes.

    ( With apologies to the author of the book of the same name!) : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Threadspider - Oh yes! I love that book! (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Likes-Hide-Boxes-Picture-Puffin/dp/0140502424)

    thank you!
    Celia

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a smart studio assistant ... finding the perfect place to nap and hide away from the noise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ... no-one would know that I wasn't a chicken! Thanks for the tip on Bird's Custard lollies, I would never have thought of those, I have learnt so many interesting things since starting this blog, thanks. x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.