Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Flower viewing

Today was a day for looking in wonder
at the hundreds of white blossoms
against the beautiful blue sky.

In Japan there's a word for it

Hanami

flower viewing


If you would like to help the children of Japan
who have lost their homes and family in
the earthquake and tsunami
Save the Children have set up an emergency appeal
please make a donation, however small

Celia
x

6 comments:

  1. I see you too are having a Blackthorn Winter, with the flowers like snow along the hedges. Very beautiful here, and all the tiny leaves unwrapping. Brimstones, Peacocks and Commas fluttering hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy - I think your hedges are ahead of ours - the Blackthorn buds have yet to break (these are wild Cherry Plums)

    Hi OBCS - the aftermath of the Japan earthquake and tsunami are almost too much to take in - so waht must it be like for children who have lost everything?


    Celia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. waiting for my skies to turn that warm spring-blue as they're still a cool winter-blue-grey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been standing under our wild cherry for a few days, inhaling the wonderful scent, listening to the grazing bees and watching the petals falling like snow around me. Heavenly - and makes me realise how lucky I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celia, we are of like mind today!

    I love the round photo - how did you do that?!!

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.