Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Thursday 22 March 2007

Reach Arts and Crafts Fair


Today I have to get everything ready for my stall at Reach Arts and Crafts Fair on Saturday. We hope Emma's hard work publicising the event and the features on web sites, radio and local papers results in lots of visitors. Maybe the promise of excellent home-made cakes will be too tempting to resist.
The linocut above is my most recent limited edition print and is based on sketches of a Buff Orpington hen - I love their soft roundness and gentle character. I was also thinking of tile designs when I was working on this print - both islamic designs and the work of William de Morgan. I like to start with a carefully observed sketch and distil it into decorative patterns without losing what I wanted to capture in the original sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.