Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Wednesday 10 November 2010

New on my stall this weekend . . .

It's been a busy day . . . one of those days where everything seems to happen at once. Probably the most exciting thing that happened was the arrival of a 'special delivery' padded envelope from Rachel in Norfolk – it contained more finished designs in our LANDSCAPE EAST jewellery collection.

Luckily it has been a bright day, perfect for taking photos, so I've spent some time photographing all the pieces so I can put them in the silver jewellery department of Magic Cochins Emporium on etsy. I haven't selected and sized all the images yet and I need to make a little display panel for them at this weekend's Arts Fair in Saffron Walden Town Hall; but here's a taster . . .


Leaf Doodle pendant
etched sterling silver on a compact snake chain


Small Leaf Doodle long-wire earrings
etched sterling silver


Anglesey Abbey Falling Oak Leaves long-wire earrings
etched sterling silver


Anglesey Abbey Oak Leaf pendant
etched sterling silver on a compact snake chain


Flying Hare necklet
etched and oxidised sterling silver on an oxidised silver cable necklet

Rachel has described the etching technique she uses on her blog, you can see pictures of the leaf pendant and the hares being prepared for etching and actually in the acid bath.

Celia
x

19 comments:

  1. Such a good collaboration, your designs translate so well into silver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking very good Celia, I hope that sales will reflect the good designs and execution of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your work is beautiful Celia... I love the flying hare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely beautiful - I love them
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful! Love, love, love the oak leaf earrings. I hope you sell out! (And then make more and I'll get a pair.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - the dangly leaf doodles are my absolute favourite. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Celia, I love the jewellery, particularly the long wire earrings and the names, Anglesey Abbey Falling Oak leaves. Gives them a more personal touch.
    Your flying Hare necklet made me gasp as I spied a hare in our paddock one morning this week. It was just metres from the house and as it bounded away, I took a mental photo to use one day!
    I'm sure the Arts Fair will be a huge success, wish I could be there, look forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are absolutely beautiful. I especially like the Leaf Doodle pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want both pairs of earrings. Oh my goodness, just lovely. Two very talented women collaborated and the result is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Celia, the evidence of this marvelous collaboration of two artists continues to show such beautiful design, style and expert craft.

    Wow!

    Please keep the photos coming. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful. I'm telling Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are stunning Celia. A wonderful collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like those small leaf doodle earrings Celia.

    Looks to be a great collaboration.

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Celia. You must be so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful jewellery this collaborative partnership has brought about. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea, your fabulous designs in Silver. A beautiful collaboration. I hope its a success.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Celia, thanks for your recent comment - interesting that other art/maker fairs are on the quiet side this year too. I wonder if the recession has hit?

    I love your silverware and wondered if you were considering doing any brooches? I'm not a great necklace wearer but would snap up one of those oak leaves if it would pin to my lapel.

    My parents loved the fieldfares by the way - a great success and it looked just lovely framed up. Thank you so much.

    Suffolk Puffs are also sometimes called Yorkshire Daisies and more often in blogland, Yo-yos, which is their American name.

    Lots of love Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you everyone for all the wonderful feedback. I have started to put the jewellery on etsy - just click on the link on the main blog page.

    Rachel will be at Dalegate Market www.deepdalechristmasmarket.co.uk on 4th & 5th December with the Landscape East collection and all her other beautiful jewellery.

    Celia
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.