- January - Feasting
- February - Sitting by the fire
- March - Pruning trees, or digging
- April - Planting, enjoying the country or picking flowers
- May - Hawking, courtly love
- June - Hay harvest
- July - wheat harvest
- August - wheat threshing
- September - Grape harvest
- October - ploughing or sowing
- November - gathering acorns for pigs
- December - killing the pig, baking bread
After obtaining the prerequisite ingredient: Seville Oranges, I spent some time reading through all the recipes I could lay my hands on to settle upon the 'best' method; in the end I realised that Fiona the Cottage Smallholder had in fact done the groundwork and her recommendation for the best and simplest method was similar to that of my Mum and also St Delia of Norwich City – and that's good enough for me! You can find Fiona's recipe for Easy Seville Orange Marmalade here.
Not only was it easy peasy, it worked and I now have 20 (and a bit) jars of the best marmalade I've ever made!