Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Friday 4 December 2009

Returning to the J M Gallery

It has been a busy week! Priority has been the 'clash of the deadlines' - it always happens doesn't it!!! Added to that it was the week to publish the bumper Christmas and new Year issue of the Village Magazine and a couple of galleries wanted more of my prints. And I really really wanted to have my hair cut . . . that one nearly got crossed off the list . . . but wait! a card was put through the door the other day and yes, it's still here. I phoned the number and yesterday lunchtime a lovely freelance stylist popped in and in next to no time, in my kitchen, she got my barnet transformed into a choppy flicky little number! Saving me no end of time and pennies too :-)

Then I was off to Long Melford to the Jessica Muir Gallery to deliver a sheaf of unframed prints for their browser, all ready for Christmas customers.


Inside the gallery there are lots of lovely new things on display (including my framed prints) - some very gorgeous ceramics . . .


and lovely glass hanging decorations caught my eye . . .



The weather wasn't good for taking pictures of the pretty shops, but I did take a couple of photos of the main street, looking right and left outside the J M Gallery.


You can see why Long Melford got it's name - the extra wide main street snakes away as far as the eye can see in both directions.



Did I say 'a couple of galleries'? I did! I'll tell you all about the other one in a day or so.

Have a lovely weekend
Celia

7 comments:

  1. Hi pleased to meet you

    loving your blog

    Very creative

    Come pay a visit some time

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite brave to get a haircut from someone new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might be busy but it all sounds like good stuff to be busy with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a great place to shop, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like Long Melford - lots of nice independent shops and places to eat. I usually only go there in the summer months but I bet it looks pretty in the winter with all the lights on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just found your super blog - by happy accident, and am adding it to my favourites immediately! Jules

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great gallery, I must add Long Melford to my list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.