Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Thursday 1 January 2009

Here's to a happy 2009!


No, I haven't taken to wearing woolly headgear indoors – I'm modelling the hat I've just finished knitting using the last two balls of that cunningly clever sock wool from Denmark. Just right for the cold weeks to come.

You can't quite see the ipod wires, but I've been enjoying listening to half my Christmas present from Cliff – Jool's Holland's latest CD. Which turned out to be two for the price of one – hurrah twice as much happy listening! The other half of my present was Val Warner's book What to eat now. I'm not a fan of celeb cookbooks, but I rather took to his TV series and he seems like my kind of cook. I like the style of the book (though it might not be to everyone's taste), instead of neat organised step by step instructions the recipes are written in a chatty narrative style which is amusing to read and is full of useful cooking tips. It's like learning from a bouncy enthusiastic friend who's dropped round with some ingredients picked up from the farm shop and wants to show you how to cook something delicious using them.

Hope you all saw the New Year in in style and/or were safely tucked up in the warm. We toasted 2009 with champagne after a retro Murder Mystery Party set in 1967 – which turned out to be the perfect antidote to the drama of Christmas week and it's aftermath back in the village.

Happy New Year everyone!

Celia
x

12 comments:

  1. Love the hat! Is it your own pattern? Here's wishing you a very hatty new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat as well. It looks very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful hat - and this is just the weather for it! Happy New Year to you, your family and the hens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Your hat is great!
    It would be very appropriate for the weather in New England! (the temperature is in the teens!)
    best wishes for a wonderful year!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the hat, never seen one quite like it, or even a pattern like it ... can you tell us about the pattern? Or did you cleverly make it up yourself???

    Happy New Year, a warm one for you ;)

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oo, you made that pattern didn't you? Clever girl! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Celia - fab hat! I love the colour of your walls too ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hat has now been road tested on a walk in town and over the fields – and jolly cosy it is too!

    Joanna and Toffeeapple - it's not entirely my own pattern, but it was my idea to use the fine sock wool to create the ribbed stripes and to add the crochet flower. The basic method was copied from a plain chunky wool hat a friend had knitted for my Mum.

    Celia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Celia. I love the hat! What a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the hat! Happy new year.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you lots of happiness for the New Year. x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.