Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Tuesday 24 February 2015

A Spring journal of random thoughts

It's the season of Lent. I wasn't in the mood to give up things but after learning that the English word for the forty days of fasting preceding Holy Week means 'Spring', I felt inspired to mark the lengthening days (Lent and lengthen have the same Germanic roots) with a small sketch from life and a few thoughts.

The cheap brown paper spiral bound book I'd bought a few weeks ago was perfect for my #LentNotes . . . and instead of the usual photos of cats, hens and flowers I will be posting one page a day on Instagram








Each page takes between 10 and 30 minutes and is like a drawing meditation, time out from the day's necessary tasks.

Celia
xx

5 comments:

  1. I think this is a lovely idea. I'm enjoying seeing them and learning bits as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celia, your Lenten sketchbook drawings and paintings are very fine. While I do without chocolate, and try to keep a positive outlook in my daily goings and comings, I think that doing a drawing based on something from nature seems even better.

    Thank you also for continuing to encourage me to think about Instagram. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good idea for Lent with lovely results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds like such a lovely thing. I hope your garden 'underlings' are doing well too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.