Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Saturday 14 March 2015

Purple Podded Peas blog is 8 years old ... really?!


Eight years ago today I wrote my first ever blog post, my intention was to keep a sort of diary of things going on in around my studio. And I think that's what it still does.


I've charted a my venture away from working on design and illustration  projects for publishers and into the realm of galleries and shops that now sell my own range of cards and prints. 


The inspiration for my work come from what I see around me. Walks in the local countryside, and sometimes adventures further afield, is where the patterns of the landscape and the wildlife that lives there make impressions in my mind, ideas to be worked on and blended together.


I hope I've inspired you to look at the countryside near where you live, to peep through hedges and watch the seasons change.

Coming soon on PPPs . . .

When I decided to concentrate on working in linocut or woodcut, I had a dream . . . something I was vaguely aiming towards – that I'd be asked to contribute a regular illustration in a 'nice' magazine, maybe one about the countryside or perhaps about gardening. 

Well, it's happened!

The April edition of Gardens Illustrated will include the first of my regular monthly illustrations for Frank Ronan's regular column which appears on the last page. I think April Gardens Illustrated will be for sale by next weekend, so I'll write more about working on the first illustration in the next blog post.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend
Celia
xx

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations on both the anniversary and on the regular column.

    Nice picture of the Yellowhammer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blog birthday and congratulations on the exciting news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Celia...on two counts! Firstly for keeping the blog lively and beautiful...even after eight years! Secondly, congrats on getting a regular column to illustrate...looking forward to seeing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, congratulations! Your work is very inspiring to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blog Birthday - I hope there will be cake?! I'm looking forward to see the magazine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, on all fronts. I'm afraid my blog has languished. Partly because the FB vortex has sucked me in and down, partly because I have been battling a lot of personal business.
    But I still read my "old favourites" and that, of course, is the Peas. Long may you continue, Celia. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Celia, two causes for celebration! I had a comment on my blog the other day from someone bemoaning the fact that so many people are turning to Facebook and Instagram and abandoning their blogs. Keep up the good work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a very happy blogging birthday Celia! I always enjoy seeing your recent projects and snapshots of the beautiful countryside and nature you love, here's to another healthy blogging year! Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations - both on reaching 8 and on your new commission :) I love Frank Ronan's column - it's always the first thing I turn to in Gardens Illustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Celia, I shall be looking out for your signature style in the magazine. What a perfect vehicle for you and your work.Congratulations. I remember your blog being one of the very first that I read and followed. It may not have been eight years ago but it was at least seven as I remember clearly when we finally got internet coverage down here! Still going strong and still as fascinating as ever. Lovely to see the yellowhammer. We have lots here too at the moment but your photo beats the ones I'm taking any day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Celia, I am delighted to hear this news that brilliant folks at Gardens Illustrated have made a brilliant decision to include your wonderful art in each issue. I do see this magazine on the international magazine stands at Barnes & Noble, and now am even contemplating a subscription. (Next thing you know, I'll actually have a garden!)

    Best wishes also to you on eight years of blogs that have shown me so much about how nature can influence art. Even better...I've had the opportunity to meet you and share many thoughts in person and via the internet.

    The photographs that you've included in this post are perfect examples of what enriches each visitor to your site. When I see the photographs, I can imagine how you would be inspired to create a new print.

    I am getting the idea that this spring is going to be a particularly good one! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the Gardens Illustrated commission Celia... What fun. And always a pleasure to read your blog. I think I must have been reading for almost all those eight years as I started mine eight years ago this summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations....i look forward to the column as i enjoy the blog posts a lot

    ReplyDelete
  14. can't afford the magazine, but I will be absolutely delighted to follow your own particular bit.
    Happy eighth (wow!) blogaversary!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hugest congratulations Celia, on your 8 years and your Garden's Illustrated work. May the next 8 years be at least as exciting for you x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done Celia! So pleased it is all setting into a lovely work pattern for you and great news on the column!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the magazine work, you will do it so well and I look forward to seeing the next issue! 8 years of your blog, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How brilliant! Gardens Illustrated is probably my favourite gardening magazine too. I will get out there and buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! Bravo and so well deserved.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.