Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Leaping

There are hares leaping, dancing,
boxing and skipping all over
Magic Cochin's Emporium!


The 'Magical Hares' card bundles are back in stock and there's a brand new card design based on my new linocut 'March hares'.


 March hares



The rooks are repairing their nests high in the tree-tops, the buds in the hedges are about to burst and the 'mad March hares' are dancing over the field furrows. When I'm lucky enough to see the hares 'boxing' . . . the prancing of feet and flurry of paws, it never fails to bring a smile to my face because I know that the cold months are behind us and the spring flowers will soon fill the hedgerows.

This is a edition of 30 prints on Japanese Kikuchi Haini Kozo Koban. The image size is 15 x 15cm. Each print is named, signed and numbered in pencil by me. An unframed print costs £48 (which includes p&p to addresses in the UK mainland). The original limited edition unframed prints can be ordered by emailing studio@celiahart.co.uk


Celia
x

7 comments:

  1. Celia, these are so clever; I especially like the old motif of the three hares / three ears - one of my favourites.

    We have plenty of crows outside this year, but I see no hares. I hope they are still about somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely images Celia, spring is almost here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty hares! Hope you will enjoy spring more than winter - you'll get more chances for your long walks, but this means less time in the studio? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ordered some hares! Soon enough, they'll be dancing in CT. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Sharing: I discovered a lovely fabric by Waverly that's French Script. The muse is "The hare and the foliage dance in the wild garden". Reminded me of your lino cut above of the "March Hares".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just for reference, here's a link to the fabric. :) http://www.sailrite.com/Waverly-661593-Pen-Pal-Parchment-54-Fabric

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.