Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Thursday 21 October 2010

Christmas Fairs 2010


In between illustration commissions I'm working on the stock for my stall at three local Christmas Fairs . . .

The Linton Christmas Gift Fair on Saturday 6th November
This will take place on the same day as
the popular Farmers’ Market. There will be over 30 stalls, a Christmas Grotto and Cakes and Refreshments. The event starts at 10am and finishes at 4pm.

The Mayor’s Appeal Art Fair in Saffron Walden Town Hall on Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th November
This is an established event organised by Saffron Walden Arts Trust to raise money for local charities chosen by the mayor, this year money will be donated to
Shake-A-Leg Theatre Company and Carver Barracks Injured Fund. There will be a private viewing with refreshments on Friday 12th November from 7.30pm to 9.30pm, tickets are available from Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre and cost £5 each, all money from ticket sales will go to the chosen charities.

Withersfield Christmas Bazaar Saturday 4th December, 2pm to 4.30pm
A traditional sale of Christmas treats in the
Village Hall at Withersfield, there will also be tea and home made cakes.


If you live nearby they are great events to find locally made art, craft or food and produce – perfect for making Christmas shopping really special without fighting through the high street crowds.

Celia
x

5 comments:

  1. Wish I could visit an English fair. Good luck I hope you do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree decorations look wonderful - good excuse to get over to Saffron Walden...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived nearer, and I wish I didn't have to work at weekends. Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy! I think it a great idea to get Christmas gifts from craft fairs, just hope I can find on near me in early december!!!
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wish I could jump across the pond to visit one of your Christmas fairs, I'll bet they are wonderful! Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.