Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Wednesday 25 April 2007

Looking out for the swifts



I've already seen a pair of swallows so it won't be long before we see the swifts. They circle high above the house and around the nearby church tower. I love to hear their high pitched screams - it reminds me of the swifts in Spain flying at high speed between the buildings in Granada or around the Mezquita in Cordoba.

This is a design inspired by the view from our hotel room in Cordoba last May. It was Fiesta week and extremely hot, the swifts whirled around outside our window and high above the rooftops.

The heat and colour of Cordoba was a great contrast to the beautiful Sierra de Grazalema where I had been exploring the countryside a few days before enjoying the stunning views and finding exquisite wildflowers including many orchids. At Easter I found a package of a few seeds I'd put in my pocket on one of the walks - I think they are from a giant wild form of fennel - they have germinated and are growing well so I have a little bit of the Sierra de Grazalema growing in Suffolk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.