But first, an introduction . . . meet Pearl . . . here she is posing prettily and waiting patiently for me to tidy the hen house and put more hem-core in the nest box so she has a clean and comfy place to lay her egg.
In the studio, my week is starting with a major tidy-up and tying up of loose ends and making plans. I don't make resolutions but I have sent myself some challenges (maybe that's the same thing, but it seems less of a commitment).
– The small square linocuts, 'Love in the air', 'Night flight', etc have been very popular; so I'm planning to do more this year . . . maybe one a month.
– My main project this year is to work on a series of multi-block woodcuts . . . I may even start a new blog about these . . . does that sound a good idea? or should they stay here mingled with everything else?
– I'll continue the 'Mantel Pieces' project.
– Something I must try to do better is keeping in contact with galleries that sell my work and regularly supplying new work – I need to set up a day or two each month to do this.
– I've an urge to return to sewing – so I'm in the process of finding and sorting out my stash of fabrics; I'll sort out the wool stash too. Then I can start to make things.
– It's high time this blog had a spring clean, so things might move around and look different soon.
– There are other things I'd love to do . . . maybe if I list them here something might happen:
• fabric designs
• an e-book of walks
• illustrated magazine articles - recipes/henkeeping/gardening/walks/wildflowers
• work towards an exhibition – maybe of the woodcuts.
See you soon