Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Wednesday 22 September 2010

A misty moisty morning

This morning there were tiny crystal beads on the cobwebs in the vegetable garden and I remembered this rhyme . . .

One misty, moisty, morning,
When cloudy was the weather,
There I met an old man
All clothed in leather

All clothed in leather,
With a cap under his chin.
How do you do?
And how do you do?
And how do you do again?

I don't know about an old man clothed in leather – but I did meet three earwigs that dropped out of the bunch of grapes, freshly picked from the garden, into my breakfast cereal – eeek!

Do you remember the oil painting? Well, today it's being sold in an auction and I'm going along to watch – I bet I'll bump into lots of geezers in leather jackets! I'll tell you all about what happened when I get home tonight.

9 comments:

  1. You beat me too it - was going to take pics of all the gorgeous webs today.

    Remember that nursery rhyme too - wonder how many of todays children would know that one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, fingers crossed for the painting sale!

    We have a large spider happily siiting in a web right by the front door. He/she has caught a ladybird and seems to be making it last forever - two days so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo!

    Loved your post on the Roman Road Celia - I wouldn't mind signing myself up for Cliff's walk.

    Good luck at the Auction!

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These early morning spiders are a nuisance, waiting to catch me unawares as I go to the recycling bin, or the shed... doing their high wire act betwixt hanging baskets and summer house, the path right underneath. I hate that feeling of getting spiders webs in your face and hair... Yukky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful web and you won't hear me saying that very often about a spider's web.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't spider's webs just beautiful? I tried to photograph one earlier but didn't ahve much success - I'll just enjoy yours instead. Hope the auction went well.

    Su

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know the nursery rhyme, but the phrase, "A misty moisty morning", was in (I think), The Little Broomstick, by Mary Stewart.
    I often think it on misty, moisty mornings. Beautiful picture of the spider's web.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely photo of the cobweb.
    love
    lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes for great results at the auction.

    Please do take photos of those bidders in their leather jackets!

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.